Friday, August 26, 2011

Vice Captain Report - Jirra Magazine No. 43

As I reminisced about the past, it literally felt like just yesterday that I had to deliver my speech to Year 12. I can still remember how my speech started off. “My Dad has always told me, if there’s any opportunity out there, go for it! It is true what people say, the only things in life that you regret are the risks you didn’t take.” Being Vice Captain of Randwick Girls High School has been a truly rewarding experience and an absolute honour. Although it hasn’t always been smooth sailing, the lessons I have learnt are countless and have taught me that I can make mistakes and learn from them.

I have always looked up to and admired the past Captains of our school, ever since I was a Year 7 SRC member. They have been such an inspiration to me and I too used to always dream about being one of Randwick Girls High School’s School Captains. I have now achieved what I dreamt of and hope that I have done my position justice.

The Vice Captain’s role isn’t all about chairing assemblies or meeting politicians, it is about being a role model and being there to care and support for each other. I have always been passionate about fulfilling my role as Vice Captain and have learnt that “The key to successful leadership is influence not authority.”

I just wanted to thank Mrs Emerson, Mrs Posener and Mr Raskall for believing in me and always encouraging me to do the very best that I can. I truly do appreciate all the support and guidance that you have given me this past year. I have really enjoyed working with you all and have learnt so much from you that I will definitely take on board for the future.

A special message to all the amazing teachers that have taught me throughout my six years at Randwick Girls! You are such wonderful teachers who have done so much for me. You have passed on priceless lessons and I thank you for that. You have created such memorable moments in class that will stay with me forever. Without my teachers, I would have been lost. Thank you so much for guiding us, inspiring us and making us who we are today.

To all the SRC girls, I just wanted to say that I am so proud of every one of you! I’ve had such a fun-tastic time working with such wonderful girls and I am proud of what we’ve achieved together this year as a team! (GO TEAM!) Also, a huge thank you to Ms Mack and Ms Jordan for all that you have done for us. We wouldn’t have been able to do it without you, thank you for putting in so much time and effort to accomplish our goals.

To my lovely ladies, the Class of 2011! One of the best gifts that I’ve ever received is the love and friendship you have given me. Our memories won’t just stay for a while, but for a life time. We’ve grown up together for the past 6 years and we’ve all gone through our ups and downs. However, in the end we always strived to be there for one another. I’ve never met such beautiful young ladies in my life and I’m so glad that I got to know you all. I want to thank you so much for having faith in me and for helping me through the hard times. Can you girls believe it? We made it through, because (sing this with me) - we’re all in this together!!

Of course, we wouldn’t be able to do this without our amazing year advisor Mrs Randall, who has been so supportive of all the Year 12’s. Mrs Randall do you remember our Year 10 Graduation Assembly when I chaired the event and you sat right next to me and told me how much we had grown and how proud you were of us? I still remember that moment till this very day and it felt like it had just happened yesterday. I thank you so much for always looking out for us and for your endless kindness.

To my beautiful best friend Anna-Marie Venites, we’ve seen each other grow for the past 11 years. What in the world would I do without you in my life? All I can say is thank you so much for being there for me no matter what. I must say we truly have a “unique” friendship. We have been through happiness, laughter and tears, and how can we ever forget our funny moments! You are so beautiful inside and out, never change because I love you!

All I can say is that my time at Randwick has been the best moments of my life! The friendships, experiences and lessons will always remain forever in my heart. Although I can’t believe that this chapter of my life is ending, I know that “It is just the beginning”. I have also learnt that “Time is precious” and to all the girls out there, please make the most of it at school because you don’t realise just how fast it really flies. Enjoy your time at school, work hard, stay positive and be happy!

Lastly, I would like to leave you with a message:
Remember that there is always going to be the good and the bad, but never give up your dreams. Anything is possible, always aim high, believe in yourself and stay strong. If you’re passionate about something you are most likely going to achieve it. Ultimately, it’s all about the effort you put in, because, "Action speaks louder than words". To reach your goals in life, facing the different and difficult obstacles are inevitable. Your dream is right at the end, waiting for you.

Love always Claudia.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you're finishing high school. Goodness, I feel terribly old now XD

    ReplyDelete